How To Change Navi CD500- DVD 800 Theme’s

Forumindex Forums Modellen Insignia How To Change Navi CD500- DVD 800 Theme’s

22 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 22 (van in totaal 22)
  • Auteur
    Timothydevisser
    Deelnemer

Met dank aan personen van de opel club polen :)
      Hier een uitleg hoe je een thema kan veranderen van je dvd800 navi of simpelweg zorgen dat je een 3d functie op je navigatie krijg.

Windows Requirements
      http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download&amp” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; (Free CD Burning software for Windows)
      http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; WinRAR (Shareware software for extracting .rar files, this software is similar -but better- than WinZip/Zip)
      A little bit of IT expertise (depending on what you’re wanting to achieve!)
      Time & Patience

Mac Requirements
      A CD Writing application (I use Toast, but this is not free)
      http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; WinRAR (Shareware software for extracting .rar files, this software is similar -but better- than WinZip/Zip)
      A little bit of IT expertise (depending on what you’re wanting to achieve!)
      Time & Patience

Method
      You need to download a modified version of the GM Update Disc as linked below. Once downloaded you need to burn the contents to a CD (or copy the files to a USB drive). Depending on the file you choose, will depend on the outcome. Some themes include the CD500 to DVD800 patch and as a result add 3D navigation views, some do not include the patch (Infinity MY2009/MY2010 does not for example). Whichever update you choose may or may not erase your current maps. In many cases, the maps tend to remain in the memory of the CD500 (MY2009/MY2010) despite the warning suggesting otherwise (this cannot be guaranteed). Retaining the maps on MY2011+ is a bit more miss than hit, with more users reporting the need to reload the maps.

Note:
      For MY2011 users upgrading to the DVD800 firmware, CD500 map updates are no longer recognised. For MY2009-10 you can still use the CD500 maps.

It is possible to downgrade back to the original CD500 state if you wish.

Note: Everything you do – you do at your own risk . If in doubt do not attempt this. It is almost guaranteed that carrying out this procedure will void any warranty on the affected items. Due to the nature of the Vauxhall radio setup, a fix could cost in excess of 500.00 euro

Upgrading CD500 to DVD800
      – introduces 3D Maps and Tours functionality to CD500 users.

If you want to keep the original themes, but just patch up to a DVD800, and get the 3D Navi view, and Tours function, then this is all you need. Download the file and then skip to the ‘Performing the Upgrade’ section towards the bottom.

Download

https://mega.co.nz/#!8dJX2ZYC!W_EL9X90QqOGYkmo3PUX-RYdkcwcynANvyKs6mVrJ54″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; “Original” Theme – MY2009/MY2010 (CD500 to DVD800 patch only)

If you want to change the appearance, then download a theme from below and read on.

Applying a Theme to your CD500/DVD800
      – see images below, some of these themes may also add the 3D Maps and Tours functionality.

Downloads

https://mega.co.nz/#!wEIUQDoS!dP2B1OEIdD2dAbGyLNav6xdate57fBLO6tZTiLcFGfU” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; “Carbon” Theme – MY2009/MY2010
      https://mega.co.nz/#!9MpzkSDD!TNxpvTvKu0tXQz4a74neby1ww-74kZ2fOaGUvq-TiZ0″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; “Carbon” Theme – MY2011

https://mega.co.nz/#!IJ5AhJqY!-OBxq8vQ04pjkumDx_LECBFItxWDFPSYm4AcuzucO74″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; “Adam” Theme – MY2009/MY2010
      https://mega.co.nz/#!pVIwFLhI!G1YdaG3djMbMQ6jB2yCe5BqxtzPIdPAwIsorHxAJeU0″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; “Adam” Theme – MY2011

https://mega.co.nz/#!tBw2nIDb!E1iwDoB6McnlE1LLXwcil6QA8BbJLUmJ92jpKosGfik” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; “Apofigey v2” Theme – MY2009/MY2010
      https://mega.co.nz/#!kNITHJgD!FDbuDfB83MwYiQDYm6hOKjxJ3Ck6lvkDtkDDZlj2N4U” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; “Apofigey v2” Theme – MY2011

https://mega.co.nz/#!AFxUECbY!uCVG3cWz29Z6cgPT2MvD1m3EfUjarzVhgt97VBp36EQ” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; Engine1992’s “Red” Theme – MY2009/MY2010
      https://mega.co.nz/#!MRhk2RLZ!950pWTsduR1XLGZ-HU1TdyOzhpaoPSPuahixgmP_iSU” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; Engine1992’s “Red” Theme – MY2011

https://mega.co.nz/#!xUwVxAra!x8Uox1RBh1CPkudTjfFmtebieIbatknY3iqC2egybKc” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; Engine1992’s “Infinity” Theme – MY2009/MY2010
      https://mega.co.nz/#!IJ5AhJqY!-OBxq8vQ04pjkumDx_LECBFItxWDFPSYm4AcuzucO74″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; Engine1992’s “Infinity” Theme – MY2011

Performing the Upgrade
      Download one of the above files, they range from 150MB to 300MB. After the download has finished, you should have a .rar file (similar to a .zip), this needs to be extracted using one of many free tools available online. My recommendation would be WinRAR on Windows, or Keka on Mac.

Once extracted, you have two options; burn the ’theme’ as is, or attempt to modify the theme yourself. Modifying the theme requires time, patience and knowledge. I’ll briefly touch upon modifying later, for now, I’ll explain how you simply prepare a theme for install.

After extracting the download, you will either have a folder called /dnl/, or a folder of the filename, and inside that /dnl/.

If you’re only interested in using one of the pre-made themes, then you simply need to burn this /dnl/ folder (and its contents) to a CD. It is recommended that you burn the disc at a slower than normal speed, 4x for example. In days of yore, older drives, with crappy lasers used to be very fussy at reading discs, and one trick to combat this, was to burn at a slow speed. MY2011+ users also have the option of using a USB drive, this must be formatted as FAT32.

With your freshly prepared update disc/USB drive at the ready, head out to the car and switch on the ignition (I had the engine running). Turn the radio on, so that you can see whats on screen and hear the music. Ensure you’re on a station you enjoy, and that the volume is at a nice level. When you’re happy insert the USB drive, or CD and follow the onscreen prompts. Once you confirm the update two or three times, it will begin at which point you’re pretty much stuck with whatever volume/station you have on, so make sure you are happy as the process takes roughly 20-30 minutes.

During the update, there are certain percentages where the update appears to have stalled. Fear not, be patient. As you’re erasing and writing the flash, any interruption could be fatal to the stereo. So just leave it well alone.

After the update, the radio will automatically turn off, and back on, then after a minute or two, it will go off again, and turn back on to the ‘standby screen’. At this point you can turn it on again. After a few more minutes, the time and date should set. After this, you’re free to explore.

Note Some MY2011-> users appear to have experienced issues if the car is fitted with the original Bluetooth module, and losing the ability to use your steering wheel control. I am unable to decipher the foreign language on this one, and as I am MY2009, I did not experience this issue. What I would say, is that if you’re MY2011+ and have Bluetooth, do your own digging…

If you’re wanting to customise a theme, or make your own. You’ll need the uli GM Files Extractor Ver 2.8.5, time, patience and photo editing skills… I suggest reading this, which should provide enough information for those wanting to go that extra step.

…and, the all important “Panic Button”, or should I say, the downloads you need to reset everything to standard should you need to;

https://mega.co.nz/#!FIhxXTQT!0qasPLW8nmNy6H_hEf1Sq4J214HXq_4lej6BGB2ZHBQ” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; MY2009/MY2010 – CD ‘SOFTWARE UPDATE’, V-2010/1.0 (13343362)

https://mega.co.nz/#!VRZ1BD6L!u4h7u6UWipJK7fXjJRK4nmbPmxkWHHiRom0tXx-w-lc” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; MY2011 – CD ‘SOFTWARE UPDATE’, V-2011/1.0 (22795977)

kvangulik
      Deelnemer

Werkt dit ook op een CD500 in een Astra J van 2010? Ik heb het geprobeerd naar als ik de USB erin doe dan ziet ie de USB als niet ondersteunend apparaat.

Opel fanaat
        Deelnemer

Hallo ,kvangulik heb het met versie my2011 geprobeerd en het werkt,het dnl bestandje is van belang.
          Groet Klaas

TC Orhan Cakir
          Deelnemer

Ik ben in het bezit van Opel Astra J 1.4 Turbo oktober 2010.
            Met op de 10 de plaats een B.

Welke van de twee CD500- DVD 800 My10 of MY11 moet ik downloaden…..?

M.v.g

O.Cakir

Opel fanaat
            Deelnemer

TC Orhan Cakir , hallo volgens mij is het my2010 maar als je de oude navi,cd nog hebt staat het daar wel op.
              Anders gewoon proberen met een usb stick , heb ik ook gedaan je kunt altijd weer terug met die update cd my2010 /cd my2011.
              met vriendelijke groet. Klaas

_Simon
              Deelnemer

Een korte vraag, ik ben nieuw hier en heb sinds kort een astra J MY2011. Met een CD500 als navigatie.
                Graag zou ik de 3D beeldweergave willen gebruiken. Alleen is het mij niet helemaal duidelijk welk bestand ik nodig heb om alleen de “upgrade” uit te voeren.
                Het veranderen van thema hoeft van mij niet zo nodig.

Als ik naar de te downloaden bestanden kijk staat er alleen een stock thema upgrade van de MY2009/2010 niet voor de MY2011.
                Of is het voor de MY2011 hetzelfde bestand?

Gr,

Simon

Opel fanaat
                Deelnemer

_Simon ,als jou Astra van 2011 is met de B op de 10 e plaats heb je een dvd 800 en kun je bv. red theme nemen van Insignia Polen .Ps je kunt dan ook een navi dvd van heel Europa er in doen alleen niet install. maar gebruiken tijdens de rit.Heb een op marktplaats gevonden voor €70 van 2015 .
                  Groet Klaas

_Simon
                  Deelnemer

Bedankt voor je reactie Klaas ;) ik zal het red thema proberen. En een dvd voor de kaarten heb ik gelukkig.
                    Maar als ik het goed begrijp heeft het red thema ook de upgrade van CD500 naar DVD800? Of is het alleen een thema?

jonglar
                    Deelnemer

It is possible to downgrade back to the original CD500 state if you wish.

Hi, I have updated a DVD 800 MY11 (on Opel Meriva) successfully.
                      How can I uninstall the update?

:help: :help: :help:

Opel fanaat
                      Deelnemer

_Simon ,ik heb een dvd van 2015 (Europa) en daar zat de upgrade op.
                        Groet Klaas

Opel fanaat
                        Deelnemer

Hello jonglar ,https://mega.co.nz/#!VRZ1BD6L!u4h7u6UWipJK7fXjJRK4nmbPmxkWHHiRom0tXx-w-lc also picture from cd my 2011 to turn back to original.
                          greets Klaas

Kristof Nysen
                          Deelnemer

Goedemorgen allemaal,

Is deze update veilig? Bestaat er de kans dat het systeem onherstelbaar wordt beschadigd?

Alvast bedankt!

Kristof

Rick-Opel
                            Deelnemer

Welke ben ik benodigd voor mijn Astra J uit 2009, er zit een CD500 Navi in en wil dus graag ook 3D mappen.

Welke link moet ik daarvoor hebben?

Dank!

pingudew
                              Deelnemer

Will this work with Opel Insignia 2010? Do i get the maps?

Vangelder
                                Deelnemer

Ik heb die cd ook maar  ik kan dat niet doen andere achtergrond

Vangelder
                                  Deelnemer

Ik heb die cd ook  maar ik kan dat niet doen andere achtergrond

HenryK
                                    Deelnemer

Zou iemand mij de goede link willen geven voor thema adam voor dvd800 insignia bj 2011..en uitleg willen geven hoe ik het installeer in de auto..mn engels is niet zo best ;-)

HenryK
                                      Deelnemer

het is gelukt20190215_171753

Vangelder
                                        Deelnemer

Hoe heb jij het gedaan dan moet je op een bestandje zetten of zo  hoor het graag van je

Цветелин Йорданов
                                          Deelnemer

so my insignia 2009 NAVI 800 is broken thanks to this post! can someone tell me how i can fix it ? it’s stuck on downloader ver. apr 3 2009 source: flash status 1.looking for baatch file path: /nandi/dnl/bin/system/adit/arge09me Please insert correct  Download medium ! PLEASE HELP

Insigniauser
                                            Deelnemer

@ Цветелин Йорданов

Have you carefully read the full article? You must select the right version (MY = model year of car) of the update/ patch! Otherwise your system will hang.

Important is to look at the 10th digit of your Vehicle Identification Number = VIN (9, A or B depending on MY), not the date on your papers. If digit is 9 or A = MY 2008-2010, if B MY = 2011- 2013. DO NOT USE MY11 PATCH ON OLDER (e.g. MY 09) SYSTEMS!!!!

Changing 2D view to 3D view on CD500 only applies for MY11 systems with provided patch for MY11. Updates do not have any newer maps, only system patch/ system update. For maps you have to go to reseller or dealer.

Btw, DVD800 in MY09, is that correct?  Do you have the original CD/DVD of your system which was delevered with the car? You can always downgrade/ revert to stock version of the system to factory settings using this.

Don’t forget to leave he car running during update/ downgrade.

tijne
                                              Deelnemer

Beste,

is er iemand die de software nog heeft voor de my2011?

alle download links werken niet meer, en ik heb net een cd500 in mijn auto gezet maar zoek nu dus de update.

wie o wie kan mij hier aan helpen?

gr MArtijn

22 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 22 (van in totaal 22)
                                              • Je moet ingelogd zijn om een antwoord op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.